COVID & FLU VACCINATION: AUTUMN 2023
We have now almost completed the autumn/winter vaccination programme. If you still need a flu or Covid vaccination, please get in touch or call 119 for woder area options.
CLINIC DATES AT BRADWORTHY SURGERY
THURSDAY 7th December, 2-4pm - extra clinic for Covid and Flu vaccinations.
Please go online, use NHSApp or call us to book in.
Who is eligible:
There are two types of flu vaccines being used again this year: one for those aged 65 and above and another for those under 65. Those who qualify for a FREE flu jab are:
- people aged 65 and over (including those who'll be 65 by 31 March 2024)
- people who have certain health conditions
- women who are pregnant
- people who are in long-stay residential care
- those in receipt of carer's allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick. If you have just become a carer, please let us know.
- people who live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- frontline health or social care workers
We will be giving routine nasal vaccinations against flu to children aged 2 to 3 years, born between 01/09/2019 and 31/09/202 along with those aged 6 months up to 18 years in the clinically 'at risk' group.
NHS information about the Flu Vaccination can be found HERE
The following groups of people are eligible for a Covid booster:
- residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- frontline health and social care workers
- all adults aged 65 years and over
- people aged 5 to 64 years in a clinical risk group
- people aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- people aged 16 to 64 years who are carers
As we have not been commissioned to provide Covid Vaccinations to young people who are aged 5 to 17, other local clinics, or schools will be offering these. We will post clinics on our website and Facebook page when we are notified.
For more information about the Covid Booster Vaccination click HERE
PEOPLE WITH ASTHMA
Please be aware that although anyone with a diagnosis of asthma is entitled to a free flu jab, patients under 65 with asthma are not automatically eligible for a Covid vaccination unless they have had two courses of oral steroids (e.g. prednisolone) in the last two years. We will need to check this before booking.
GAPS BETWEEN VACCS
For all Covid vaccinations the gaps between boosters should be:
- Those aged 12 and above, who are immunocompromised, must have a gap of 3 months since their last dose.
- Those aged 65 and above must have a gap of 3 months since their last booster/dose.
If you have been unfortunate enough to have had a bout of Covid, you must be 28 days clear of infection before having a Covid booster, or first vaccination.
DEVON COVID VACCINATION SUPPORT TEAM
If you have any queries about the Covid vaccination, please call the Devon Covid Vaccination Support Team on 01752 398 836.